Five Tips To Get Website Traffic Fast
Download your FREE Simple Content Creation Checklist at the end of this post!
When you’re online, the most significant key to success is driving traffic to your website. If you get more visitors, you’ll make more sales — it’s as simple as that. Now for the purposes of this article I’m going to assume that you have a good niche, you are currently creating content and and you know what keywords are being searched. Hopefully you are also conducting regular keyword research so you can stay on top popular topics and potential “money phrases.” Based on those assumptions here are five fairly quick and easy tips for you to get people to your website fast!
Tip #1: Use Tags In Conjunction With Your Keywords
If you are spending a lot of time optimizing your content but then neglect to tag those keywords on your site, then you’re not helping yourself. Tags are what search engines look for! If there are no tags then they may very well pass right by your site and move onto your competition. Here’s a quick tutorial for you on tags.
There are a several tag types including:
- Title tags – The title tags of your site are easily the best place to insert your keywords. Here’s what they look like – <title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title> So your title tag is where you would want to put your primary keyword or keyword phrase. For instance, the title tage on this page is “Five Tips To Get Website Traffic Fast.” That sentence describes the content of this page in less than 90 characters — that’s what you should do with your title tag.
- Alt Tags – Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. Hover over the picture on this page. The text that you see is the alt tag. Every graphic you use on your page should have both a description and an alt tag.
- Header Tags – Header tags are next in order of importance to search engines. They’re ranked in order of importance and look like this – <h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1> The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.
- Meta Tags – Meta tags provide the small descriptive text found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page. Like title tags these should be kept brief, informative and up to date.
Tip #2: Continually Add Content To Your Site
You’ve heard it said a hundred times: Content Is King. Well frankly, it is. Regular content creation is essential to not only gain traffic, but to also gain high rankings in the search engines. Content is what search engine spiders are on the lookout for — it’s what they index. Without content there’s nothing for the spiders crawling your site to index or to rank. Your goal should be to give visitors and even the search engines a reason to visit, bookmark (humans) and index (spiders) your site. Once you’ve made the commitment to provide quality, optimized content on a daily basis, you’ll see your traffic soar to new heights.
Tip #3: Procure Quality Incoming Links
The more websites that link to your main page as well as internal pages and articles, the more valuable search engines will perceive your site to be. However, the truth is that not all links are created equal. Search engines will always give more weight to links from popular and high ranking sites. Sites that are relevant to your website topic will also give you better leverage.
There are many types of links. Ideally you’ll want a mix of all of them, although that can potentially be difficult to do since these links are on other people’s websites. Here are a few examples of the links you’ll want to get.
- Direct Links: A direct link is simply a link that uses your website address. For example, www.yourwebsite.com
- Text Links: A text link occurs when the webpage address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.
- Internal Links: These type of links are commonly referred to as “deep links” since the content they are linking to resides on an internal page. For example, www.yoursite.com/interesting-article
Here are a few ways you can encourage people to link to your website:
- Adding fresh content to your site.
- Publishing press releases regarding your content.
- Submitting content to various article directories with links back to your pages.
- Participating in forums and chat rooms.
- Using social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
Tip #4: Utilize Advertising To Gain Exposure
Advertising doesn’t have to break the bank. When its handled strategically, it can be used to promote your site’s content and products or services. One avenue is PPC advertising (Pay Per Click) and is often the tool of choice since you can easily control your advertising budget on a day by day basis. You’ll also have many different tools to easily test and track your campaigns. Google Adwords is king of the hill, but Facebook ads are quickly closing the gap. The idea here is to hone your skills to where your customer acquisition costs are lower than the lifetime value of a customer. While PPC can be challenging, once you’ve become an expert, you can turn on and off your income stream at will.
Tip #5: Be Everywhere, All The Time!
You’ve heard me say that adding value is my number one priority. Well, it is to an extent. If I’ve learned on thing it’s that internet marketing is all about building community. Without a community there would be no one to add value to! So whether you host a forum on your site or you participate in social networking sites such as Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook, social networking is a must these days. These tools not only build traffic organically, they also allow your content to easily be spread virally.
You should also be getting out there in your niche. Chat rooms and forums that are industry specific offer a great platform to share your expertise. Find out which ones will cater to your niche, and join the discussion. Speak to and connect with a highly targeted audience. If you’re having trouble finding a place to begin, just go to Google and type “forum:yourniche”. You’ll be amazed at what you can find!
Bonus Tip: Use YouTube!
As you’ll see in the video below, I simply created a Keynote slideshow (or Powerpoint on a PC) sharing many of the bullet points I wrote about here and made a video using the Camtasia for Mac software. They also have a windows version, but it’s much more expensive.
By utilizing some of the strategies outlined in this post, I certainly hope you’ll see an increase in your traffic. For maximum results, you may consider creating a traffic and SEO strategy. Simply outline both your plans and your goals on paper and then take the action needed. I’ve included a simple checklist to assist you in making the most out of each piece of content you create. Simply download the forms below and take advantage of everything internet marketing has to offer!
Simple Content Creation Checklist
(Microsoft Word format)
Simple Content Creation Checklist